The Midas Letter, which is featured in the online edition of the Financial Post posted an interview with David Lenigas, the CEO of LGC Capital. The interview provides insight into Mr. Lenigas’ Cuban multi-investment conglomerate.
Key topics in the interview include the following:
- What first attracted Mr. Lenigas to Cuba,
- His success discovering oil in England, the “Gatwick Gusher” which led him to invest in MEO Australia and its Cuban Block 9. “The company has identified, just in one of the three plays, eight billion barrels oil in place and 395 million barrels recoverable prospective resources.”,
- The recently announced historic USA vs. Cuba soccer match and the fact that ESPN and RTV will be broadcasting the event,
- LGC’s interest in the substantial Cuban coffee (partnership with Nespresso) and citrus fruit import/export business,
- How Nigel Rushman approached Mr. Lenigas on the potential for Cuban sports promotion around the world,
- The bespoke (high end customized) travel business, InCloud9, which is already cash flowing for LGC and growing very rapidly, having recently doubled in size.
To listen to the full podcast, please click here.